"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." I Corinthians 10:31 ESV

Monday, February 15, 2010

Shopping List Spelling

Today we worked on our shopping lists together. I gave Mary Beth and Abigail each a blank grocery list and they tried to spell each item that I told them. We did simple words such as eggs, milk, rice, bananas, apples, bread, etc. Mary Beth successfully spelled each item without any assistance except one or two. Abigail needed more help, but it is great that she is showing interest in writing her letters. Mary Beth was tracing her letters at 3, and Abigail just turned 4 and is just getting started with that kind of thing....just goes to show how different children are interested in school at different ages!

I don't know if we'll make it to the store today even though we are completely out of eggs and bread (and rapidly running out of other staples!)---sometimes I run in the store with the kids and other days I know that's a disaster waiting to happen! I have to have the energy that particular day and the kids must not be worn-out. :) This trip is going to be a big one, so maybe I will put it off a little longer. I'll be getting creative with the items in my pantry!

No comments:

Post a Comment